Doing renovations around the home involves three phases: planning, demolition/removal, and installation.
Here are some tips for planning landscaping around your home.
- Think about what you want to accomplish in the space. Are you reworking an area for a more attractive entrance to your home? Are you creating a space for entertaining?
- Perform soil tests to help you determine what plants will perform best in your soil and add nutrients as needed.
- Consider the moisture conditions where you will plant. Plant groups should have the same water requirements. Those needing the most water should be closest to the house or water source.
Work native plants into your gardening plan. Natives will be more forgiving of soil and water variability.
- Look for plants that will be a favorable habitat for birds, bees and butterflies.
- Incorporate annuals into your landscape each season to add color and a fresh look.
- Consider the long-term maintenance of the plants you intend to use. Will tree placement cause a problem with underground lines, overhead wires, or walkways?Can gardening tasks be managed easily so that you will have time to enjoy your space?
- Consider renting a mini bin for renovation and turf removal. Then you need to decide if you can do the landscaping yourself or if it would be better to hire professionals.
If you’re a college student within the areas of Downtown Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Brampton, Oakville, and surrounding areas of Canada who is moving out, don’t hesitate to order a mini-bin through Trashco Solutions.
It can be easy to ditch materials to the side of the road and wait for someone to collect it. But some of those materials left on the side of the road can be hazardous to the environment.
Some common household items that can’t be put out in the trash, and need to be handled by professionals in a environmentally friendly way, include:
-heavy metals (such as exercise equipment)
-batteries (especially car batteries)
Some small appliances might also be dangerous to put on the side of the road, as they could contain lead, chemicals that could leak out, and or be made of other eroding metals that could be harmful to surrounding wildlife and water quality (if it leaks out into surrounding bodies of water).
Trashco Solutions will work with you to easily remove these items from your home, and dispose of them responsibly so you don’t have to worry if your move will negatively affect the environment around you. They provide waste removal and recycling services, as well as provide you with rental bins to make relocating an easier process. They are available via telephone or through email to book your needed service.